Senior Adult Program
Senior Adult Inpatient Program
The SummitRidge Senior Adult Program provides a safe, secure, and supportive inpatient hospital environment that addresses the unique emotional and behavioral needs of older adults. Through a combination of assessment, therapies, education, medication and activities, the program encourages patients to regain as much independence as possible.
Our supportive care inpatient unit is designed to…
- Stabilize the older adult in psychiatric crisis
- Conduct a comprehensive diagnostic evaluation
- Provide short-term psychiatric treatment for a variety of mental disorders
- Manage psychiatric medications
- Monitor withdrawal from alcohol or drugs
Services provided as part of the psychiatric care may include…
- Individual, group and family sessions
- Nursing care
- Medical, nutritional and pharmacy consultations
- Physical therapy activity and art therapy
- Pastoral care
- Discharge planning
For short-term admission, an older adult must be medically stable and able to attend and participate in group sessions and activities.
The SummitRidge Senior Adult Program provides patients with caring, compassionate inpatient treatment, seven days a week. Family members are important participants in the program and their input and involvement is strongly encouraged. Our supportive environment helps facilitate the patient’s return to family or to the care setting most appropriate to meet long-term needs.
For more information or to make a referral to this program, please call the assessment counselors at our 24-Hour Information Line 678-442-5858.